Thursday, August 26, 2010

ballin'

I am currently in Cape Town on a very leisurely vacation with my cousin, Robyn. Since arriving to Joburg, I've had so much culture shock. At times I feel doe-eyed and just couldn't figure out where I fit into society. Joburg is just like LA, so populated and urbanized. I couldn't wrap my brain around the fact that I'm still in Africa, not the states. I've truly been enjoying this part of my trip as well. Being with family is incredible, and nothing compares to it, especially being in a foreign home for the past 2 months. Family is family, and it fucking rocks. My aunt has been cooking all my favorite Chinese meals, which I didn't realize I had missed so much. I am truly a Taiwanese kid at heart, and appreciate all the authentic Taiwanese foods. My cousins have been spoiling me here. I've visited Pretoria, the capital of S. Africa, fed lion cubs, watched a Rugby match at the national stadium, and went wine tasting in Cape Town. Thanks to my cousin, Andy, Robyn and I are currently staying at Table Bay (5 star hotel) in Cape Town. And we each have our OWN ROOMS. To go from village life, to this... I feel so spoiled, and slightly out of place. It is nice, though, and I'm thoroughly enjoying my time here.

I think the most exciting thing that's happened is my cousin's birth to a new baby girl! She has yet to be named, but she is HELLA cute. I've never seen such a cute newborn baby. I am so blessed to have had the chance to meet my niece, Cleo, AND my other niece. They're both so adorable- Cleo has a lot of sass and personality for a 3 year old. I can't believe I had the opportunity to meet my new niece. I am so fortunate and grateful. On this trip, I have witnessed all of life's major events. A wedding, a funeral, and a birth. Life comes full circle.

On our agenda tomorrow.. mussel digging and paragliding! I can't wait, because the view here in cape town is BEAUTIFUL and I bet it's 100x better from the sky.

Until next time, which will probably be when I'm back in the states (less than 7 days).
<3Vivo

No comments:

Post a Comment